December 12, 2017
When I think of what I love about Christmas tree decorations, it’s two things…the lights and the ornaments. So making a lit ornament is a win-win for this crafter.
We played around with lots of ways to get make these little boxes glow, and with a string light bulb poked through the back, these snowflake shapes came to life.
Now I just want to decorate a whole tree in these! Who’s with me?
What you need:
- Square jewelry box (3 ½” x 3 ½” )
- Exacto knife
- Paint and Paint brush
- A square of white paper
- Two colors of washi tape
- Nail file
- Hot-glue gun
- Draw a 2 ½ “ square in the center of the box lid to leaving a ½” margin on all sides.
- Use the exacto knife to cut out the square, and sand down thee edges with a nail file.
- Paint the top and sides of the box and let dry.
- Trace top of box onto white paper and layer washi tape inside the square to create a criss crossing snowflake design.
- Cut out square and secure in the center of lid opening with washi tape.
- Poke a hole in the back center of the back using a pencil or scissors.
- Cut and knot a loop of string, glue it into top corner of the box lid and close the box to secure.
- Hang on tree, inserting light into the back of box.