November 15, 2016
Before you know it, it’s going to be glove season, and if you’re like me, you dig and you dig and you dig to find a matching set from years’ past, only to come up one glove short.
Don’t throw the glove away…no, no no. It’s the perfect base for many-a-craft. Think turkey for Thanksgiving, 5-legged octopus, or a monster puppet like these—obviously.
Here are the instructions for the Daring Dragon, and you can head over to Ebay to find the how-to’s for the other two! (Or just invent your own!)
What you’ll need:
- Googly Eyes
- Pipe Cleaners
- Tacky Glue
- Cotton Batting
1. Cut a pipe cleaner in half and put one half in the thumb and the other half in the index finger.
2. Except for the pinky finger, stuff the rest of the glove, including the thumb and index finger.
3. Fold and glue the pinky to the back, then glue five pointy beads onto the index finger and thumb as the teeth.
4. Cut pink yarn and glue in front of the teeth as the lips.
5. Glue on small gems and a white and black pompom eye.
6. Cut a paper straw into 1-inch segment at an angle.
7. Glue the angled edges together to create spikes. Then glue them to the “back” of the dragon.
8. Stick dowel up into the batting and glue to seal.