As a New Yorker without a backyard, there’s no such thing as too many house (er apartment) plants. Greenery automatically gives a room good energy, but why stop there? Add a few extra smiles to your space by crafting planters with personality. All you need are a couple of household supplies you probably already have on hand – maybe even trying to get rid of. That half empty can of chartreuse spray paint that you never found another use may be the perfect shade for a silly face.
What you’ll need:
- Empty cans of various sizes (depending on your plants and/or canned food preferences)
- Spray paint
- Colored Duct Tape
- Parchment or wax paper
- Take off the label and clean out the can. (Use a hammer and nail to make three holes on the bottom for drainage if you are not planting succulents like I did!)
- Spray-paint your can(s). Let dry.
- Adhere tape strips to parchment paper to make cutting the features easier.
- Create your funny face planter by sticking features onto the can!