November 3, 2016
This weekend I am heading upstate for a little R&R, some marshmallow roasting, and, of course, leaf peeping! Every year that we attempt to peep we miss it by a few weeks, but I think, judging by the leaves in our neighborhood, we might hit it right on those nose.
I wanted to get right down into the crafts on the spot, so I combed the web for inspiration…and why not share it with you? (Featured image via.)
1. I love the idea of hunting for leaves that can be collaged into little pictures. Natacha Birds created the full alphabet in leaf pictures and they are so beyond gorgeous. And they are in French which adds to the beauty!
2. How simple and amazing are these leaf vehicles by The Art Room Plant? These are so special I would press them behind glass and save them! (If your kid is into vehicles, you should check out my new book, Project Kid: Crafts that Go!)
3. How lovely are these dangling beauties from Hello Wonderful? I love the watercolor effect on them. She painted the fronts and backs and strung them up into a lovely mobile.
4. Have you ever seen anything as darling as this cute little leaf and woodgrain hedgehog? Image via.
5. You can use the leaf shape for to create these lovely catchalls from DesignSponge. (Great DIY holiday gift!)
6. Put eyes on them, and leaves can turn into vibrant bugs and critters! Image via My Owl Barn.
7. These whimsical leaf vignettes, paired with black cut-out silhouettes, had me at hello. Found via.