Oh I can make that! Have you ever uttered those words before? And do you find yourself saying it, but never actually crafting the object you claim you can totally make? This is literally my life story.
So, when my daughter saw this precious cat trinket dish at Anthropologie, I said, let’s make it! And this time (back pat) I actually did…but with my own Project Kid spin.
Here’s what you need:
- Round 4-inch diameter box
- 4 golf tees
- Tacky glue or hot-glue gun
- Felt, black and one other color
- 2 wood buttons
- Black marker
- Thin wire
- Glue four golf tees to the bottom of the round box. Let dry.
- Print out templates. Trace tail shape twice on felt and the eye/ear shape once. Cut felt pieces out.
- Cut out 2 small black felt triangles and glue onto the ears.
- Color wood button black and glue to cat’s face. Glue cat’s face to round box and draw nose and mouth onto the wood, between the eyes.
- Cut a piece of wire, about the length of the tail shape. Glue the wire in between the two pieces of tail felt. Glue the tail to the back of the box.