When Ebay.com asked me to come up with on-trend sneaker decorations, I knew a cactus pair of shoes had to be made. These desert dwellers are popping up in all manner of DIY, home decor, and fashion, so I was determined to figure out a quick and easy way for kids to design their own sassy succulents…finger-stamping!
What You Need:
- White canvas sneakers
- Green ink pads, suitable for fabric
- Fabric markers
- Green fabric paint and paintbrush (optional)
1. First, fill the shoes with newspaper to create a taut surface for your art. Have your child use his fingers to stamp green, intersecting ovals on the shoes to resemble a prickly pear cactus.
2. Outline the ovals with a green fabric marker together.
3. Have your kid draw small black x’s on top of the green ovals with a fabric marker.
4. Let him finish off the cacti by drawing small orange flowers on top.
5. Paint shoelaces green with a watered-down green fabric paint (optional).
June 16, 2016|
Everyday Crafts, Jewelry and Fashion, Nature, Summer