I can’t begin to count the number of parties that I have crafted in my lifetime. From the pretend ones I would throw for my dolls when I was young to the holiday and birthday parties I’ve styled for magazines to the celebrations that I throw IRL for my own kids…I lost count ages ago. And as any stylist, party planner, or home entertainer would tell you, we are always looking for new and different ways to make the personal, creative details shine like they haven’t before.
When Brother asked me to partner with them on the launch of the P-touch Embellish, their new ribbon and tape printer, I jumped in headfirst. I’m always eager to get my hands on a new tool that can add personal touches to parties, crafts, gift wrapping and more. For the P-touch Embellish launch event in New York City, I designed projects for a birthday party (my fave, of course), a bridal shower, a baby shower, gift-wrapping, general crafts, and a festive brunch.
I first saw the P-touch Embellish at the Creativation Show (the mecca of all things crafts) back in January, where I watched a demo of the ribbon printing at the Brother booth. This little machine that you can hold in your hands as you’re binge-watching your favorite shows can print 14 fonts, over 90 text borders, and over 400 little symbols to add detail, style, and personalization to your projects. There are 5 satin ribbons and 9 adorable patterned tapes to choose from, so to find one that matches your event is super easy. You can buy the P-touch Embellish machine, the ribbons, and 6 of the patterned tapes at Michaels.com and select Michaels stores; the other 3 patterned tapes are available at Brothermall.com
This carnival birthday party that I crafted got me excited because in addition to the personalized lollipop-favor ribbons and the custom-printed balloon strings, I used the P-touch Embellish to craft cute party activities…A Spinner Game, Fishing Game, and a Can Toss Game (see below for the how-to instructions).
Whether you are designing your daughter’s unicorn party favors, your bestie’s baby shower tablescape, or wrapping gifts at holiday time, the P-touch Embellish has everything you need (and then some) for those sweet, heartfelt, personalized touches.
“SPIN THE WHEEL” CARNIVAL GAME
What you’ll need:
- Trace the cardboard circles onto the scrapbook papers and cut them out. Hot glue the paper to the cardboard.
- Divide the circle into eight sections. Print the words “SPIN THE WHEEL” on 4-inch piece of the red gingham tape and adhere in between each pie slice. Print the prize or action words on the mint chevron tape and adhere in each slice.
- Hot-glue 3 beads to the three points of the fidget spinner, and hot glue the cardboard coaster to the beads. Hot-glue the center of the fidget spinner to the center of the 12-inch game board.
- Print arrows onto the yellow star tape and adhere to the small cardboard circle. Glue the red star in the center.
- Hot-glue rope around the outer edge of the game board and create a loop at the top for hanging.
MAGNETIC FISHING GAME
What you’ll need
- Using the continuous text function on the P-touch Embellish, print “CATCH ME IF YOU CAN” on a 30-inch piece of ribbon. Tie one end to the dowel and hot-glue a magnet onto the other end.
- Cut out 6-8 fish from scrapbook paper. Hot-glue the washers as the eyes.
- Print point values on the various patterned tapes and adhere them to the back of the fish.
KNOCK ‘EM DOWN TOSS GAME
What you’ll need
- Cover each can in a 3-inch band of scrapbook paper.
- Cut six 3/4-by-2-inch pieces of solid scrapbook paper.
- Print out point values onto the various patterned tapes and adhere them to the small rectangles, and then to the cans.
- Set up the game by stacking the cans.
Thanks to Brother for sponsoring this post and providing crafters with a new tool for our trade!
*TZe tape in Mint Chevron is available at Michaels.com; TZe tapes in Red Gingham and Yellow with White Stars are available at BrotherMall.com.
July 13, 2017|
ad, Birthdays, Decor, Favors, Food, Games & Activities, Gift Wrap, Gifts, Invites, Parties