With a new shift in how Barbie is reaching girls, they are designing career dolls that have a very interesting range. When they asked me to make costumes to match this new line of dolls, I was very excited to see this construction builder as one of them. A job that most think is held primarily by men, girls are now learning that women are more than capable of this type of career path.
What you’ll need:
- White t-shirt
- Yellow t-shirt
- Orange duct tape
- Orange paint
- Thin black duct tape
- Thin silver duct tape
- Black marker
- Pink construction helmet
- Cut 7” tools from cardboard and paint them orange.
- Adhere 2 strips of orange duct tape face to face to make the belt.
- Cover a sheet of copy paper with orange tape and fold in half lengthwise. Cut up the middle to create to 5.5” by 4.25” rectangles. Tape up the two open sides to make pockets.
- Fold over a strip of duct tape to make a 1” tall strip. Glue to the front of each pocket to make a loop to hang tools.
- Hot glue pockets to the middle of the orange strip, insert the tools, and attach in the back with a piece of duct tape.
- Draw a line down the center of the shirt and two curved lines around the sleeves.
- Adhere a piece of black tape down the center and silver tape on the side panels to match Barbie’s vest.
- Cut up the center black tape line and cut off the neck of the t-shirt.
- Wrap black tape around the cut edges.
October 30, 2018|