1. Print out the adorable template from Parents.com.
2. Trace the template onto regular cardboard twice, and cut out both circles.
3. Make several rings of tacky glue on one cardboard circle and lay the straws in the glue. You can alternate red and blue or let it be random. Make sure to leave about a 2″ circle in the center.
4. Cut a 1-inch piece of straw and thread a long length of fishing line through that piece and knot the ends. Glue that small straw piece into the center of the cardboard circle with tacky glue.
5. Apply a generous amount of glue on top of the straws and then cover with the second cardboard circle.
6. With a glue stick, attach the card stock center.
7. Trim the straws to different lengths (I chose to trim my red ones only).