Much like everyone that has seen the How To Train Your Dragon movies, my kids and I fell in love with Toothless. Loyal, courageous, and kind, he has it all…just like our fave four-legged friends. And finally, now that How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World is hitting theaters on February 22, we can’t wait to see what epic adventures Toothless and Hiccup embark upon.
With simple materials we turned our loyal friend Joni into a Toothless the Dragon look-alike. Her fire-breathing skills have yet to develop, but no worries—there’s time!
Cut two tyvek envelopes down each long side so they becomes long rectangles.
2. Enlarge template to fit your dog. Print and cut out template and trace onto the tyvek towards one end. Flip the template lining up the straight edges and trace again. Repeat to cut a second a second set of wings.
3. Paint both sets of wings black. Let dry.
4. On the backside of one set, hot-glue wire around the top curved edge of the wings, working all the way around to the second wing.
5. Then, hot-glue pieces of wire down from the top middle edge of the wings to the bottom points.
6. Hot-glue both sets of wings back-to-back, with the wire in between.
7. Paint one side of the wings with glitter paint. Let dry. Hot-glue or pin (for a more temporary costume) wings to the harness.
Make your plans to see How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World in theaters with your kiddos when it opens everywhere on February 22! Get your tickets now!
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD – In Theaters February 22
From DreamWorks Animation comes a surprising tale about growing up, finding the courage to face the unknown…and how nothing can ever train you to let go. What began as an unlikely friendship between an adolescent Viking and a fearsome Night Fury dragon has become an epic adventure spanning their lives. Welcome to the most astonishing chapter of one of the most beloved animated franchises in film history: How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.
Now chief and ruler of Berk alongside Astrid, Hiccup has created a gloriously chaotic dragon utopia. When the sudden appearance of female Light Fury coincides with the darkest threat their village has ever faced, Hiccup and Toothless must leave the only home they’ve known and journey to a hidden world thought only to exist in myth. As their true destinies are revealed, dragon and rider will fight together—to the very ends of the Earth—to protect everything they’ve grown to treasure.
Don’t forget to go see How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World in theaters February 22! Get your tickets now here!