There’s a chill in the air, and round orange fruits are popping up on street corners! It’s pumpkin-time! We may have no idea what Halloween is going to look like this year, but one thing is for sure…pumpkins are going to find their homes on front porches, stoops, and doorsteps, and if there’s any year to trick these guys out more than ever, it’s NOW!
This super-fun little weird-o is one that I made for the current issue of Parents magazine. We really wanted to play with whimsy this year, and this pumpkin creature has all of my heart.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Paint a giant eyeball on the pumpkin and the white balloon inflated to about 4-in. diameter.
- Paint spools, spoons, cardboard triangles, and skewer with black paint.
- With screwdriver, dig two shallow holes in bottom of pumpkin to fit spools as legs.
- Hot-glue spoons on the sides for arms and cardboard triangles to the top for ears.
- Attach the end of the skewer to the balloon knot using Glue Dots and hot-glue the other end to one arm.
Photo by Ted & Chelsea; Styling by Pam Morris.
September 21, 2020|