I am certainly no master at origami, but these hearts make me feel like a real whiz! They are super-fast to make and your kids will get the hang of it very quickly, sans frustration, I swear!
Check out this video that we made that shows you how easy and cute they are!
What you’ll need:
- Origami paper
- Letter stamps
- Ink pad
- Glue dots
- Place a 6″ x 6″ square of origami paper colored-side down. Fold paper in half on the diagonal, bringing top corner to bottom one. Unfold. Fold in half again, bringing right corner to left one. Unfold.
- Fold top point of paper to meet center crease.
- Fold bottom point up to meet top fold.
- Fold right side up diagonally to align with center.
- Repeat on left side to meet center crease.
- Flip over folded paper; fold side and top points in 1/2″.
- Flip over and insert a slip of paper with a message into pocket of heart.
- Cut 3/4″ strips from origami paper.
- Stamp names in the center of each strip.
- Fold the ends around the name and trim off about ½”. Cut out triangles on the ends of the strip.
- Glue-dot the name strip to each heart.
February 6, 2018|
Early Elementary, Everyday Crafts, Grown-Up, Holidays, Older Elementary, Paper, Tween to Teen, Valentine's Day