Pin this project as you start to plan out the DIY Christmas ornaments you are going to make with the kids this year. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1″ wood bead
- Wine cork
- Tacky glue
- Craft wire
- Small beads
- Paint markers
- Glue a 1” bead on top of a wine cork wrapped in felt.
- Tie a ½” by 3 strip of felt where the bead meets the cork as a scarf.
- To make the hat, roll and glue a 2½” by 1” triangle of felt into a cone; glue to the top of the bead.
- Cut small slits in the sides of the body felt and press two 1½” pieces of craft wire into the cork as the arms.
- Slip small bead over the ends and twist to make hands.
- Insert 3” pieces of wire into the bottom of the cork as the legs and slip 2 barrel beads over the ends and fold as feet.
- Draw on face with paint markers.
From Parents magazine; photo by Aaron Dyer.
November 30, 2018|
Activities, Age, Christmas, Decor, DIY Home, Early Elementary, Family Bonding, Holidays, Older Elementary, Tween to Teen, Unplugged Time, Upcycled